Global Glam Traveller SS12 Trend

glam traveller trend ss12 memoir modecrimped afro hair ss12glam traveller trend ss12

Teal Playsuit from Republic

These photo’s are for my forth post on the wear it your way Republic blog.  I really wanted to try out the glam traveller trend for SS12 and this was the result.  My main inspiration was the Holly Fulton SS12 collection, I really liked the 70s/ethnic mix.

I have never worn a playsuit before and I have never known frustration, than when I was halfway through taking these photos and needing the toilet.  I went to pull it up and realised that was not going to work, the zip is hard to do yourself  so I tried to pull the crutch part to one side and realised that might be a close call so decided to tackle the zip by myself while hopping from side to side.  I then pulled it down and got stuck in the belt. Moral of the story do not wear playsuits while alone if it has a difficult zip.  Other than that I feel much safer in a playsuit, no sudden gusts of wind flashing my backside.

I have wanted to do big crimped hair since I saw the lovely Katies hair on the magazine shoots for when we was the Jacques ambassadors.  I quite like it although its not as big as I wanted, I think its because my hair is too long and thick.

10 comments for “Global Glam Traveller SS12 Trend

1. 23 February, 2012 at 12:20 am

Whoa. AMAZING. I have never worn a playsuit either! You have this whole Greek goddess-y look going on here. Gold + teal (darker teal, in this case) are stunning colors put together. Job well done 😉

xo

• memoirmode
      23 February, 2012 at 10:22 am

Thanks Grace :). The playsuit is not as dark as here, its just the lighting. I love teal or green and gold so much xx

2. 23 February, 2012 at 1:54 am

Love the hair style and the 70’s vibe really suits you, also loving your New York photos! x

• memoirmode
      23 February, 2012 at 10:22 am

Thanks Victoria. Not sure I can walk down the street on a day to day basis with big crimped hair though hehe xx

3. 23 February, 2012 at 7:48 am

Playsuits are awkward imagine being on a night out! I do stil love them though! Love the shade of this one, also the crimped hair is fab!

• memoirmode
      23 February, 2012 at 10:23 am

Oh god, can imagine being drunk, needing the toilet and not being able to pull your pants down HA. Not a pretty thought. Thanks x

4. 24 February, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Your hair looks so amazing!!

• memoirmode
      25 February, 2012 at 11:59 am

Thank you, well I might have to do it more often, with what people have said ha x

5. 29 February, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Ahahaha see? I .KNEW. that the playsuit was a challenging garment, to say the least! 🙂 But it does look so lovely that it’s kind of worth the trouble. Teal is a great color on you! I love the accoutrements you’re rocking too, and the hair looks fabulous! Way to take runway to realway!

• memoirmode
      1 March, 2012 at 2:58 pm

haha, I did think of you when I couldn’t get the bloody thing down 😉 I am sold on teal now, I think I might hunt down some jeans xx