Hungry Sunday – Chocolate & Marshmallow Rice Krispy Cakes

rice krispie cakes

Now the majority of you will probably laugh at this recipe post, you will ask yourselves ‘”what is she 5?!?”. I do in fact have the cooking skills of a 5 year old, please do not judge me!

The best I can make for dinner is fish in a bag and some microwave vegetables (the bloke cooks mostly). So I am  keen to be able to do more in the kitchen and if possible, become a self-sufficient adult.

So what has inspired me… after being told off for eating another box of Rice Krispy bars in one sitting, I decided to look up how to make them.  But with my version adding white chocolate, marshmallows and sprinklings.

rice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakesrice krispie cakes

What do you think? I am really pleased with myself and I hope this inspires some other cooking imbeciles out there on the interweb.

There was a literal sticky moment when I was trying to mix the liquid marshmallows with the rice krispies.  It all got stuck on the wooden spoon and wouldn’t mix, so I just pulled it out with my hands and pressed down bit by bit into the baking tray.

I am going to try a new recipe each week getting harder as I go.  Hopefully I will be able to advance to real meals.

10 comments for “Hungry Sunday – Chocolate & Marshmallow Rice Krispy Cakes

1. jo williams
    13 May, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Ooh they look really yummy, never thought of putting white choc on them! Cookery is not exactly my best skill either lol(my signature dish is Batchelors ‘Pasta in Sauce’!)
    but think I might try and impress my friends with these rice krispy cakes- giving credit to your recipe of course!

2. memoirmode
    13 May, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Oh good I am not the only one then haha. The oven and stove really scare me, I hate it when water or sauce spits out at you. Glad my little recipe could be of help 😉 x

3. jo williams
    13 May, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Yay I actually remembered to tick ‘notify me of follow-up comments’ this time! Lol know what you mean about the cooker, i’ve always had an irrational fear of a chip pan fire(think it’s from watching all those fire safety videos at school lol), so now I avoid frying altogether!

• memoirmode
      14 May, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I think most people do, I like to reply just incase. Oh gaaad frying. You will never see me near one of those, they are the scariest haha x

4. 13 May, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Yummy! x

5. 14 May, 2012 at 8:11 am

oh wow! I like it!!!!
    I’m not a great cooker as well but I like to try…
    When it’s possible I prefer to mix with hands then with spoons, it IS easier!
    If you want to try some easy eceipes (with stunning results!) you’ll find some on my blog 😀

• memoirmode
      14 May, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I checked out your recipes and they look really yummy and easy to follow. I thought all Italians were good cooks? 😉 x

6. 14 May, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Seriously, you made me drool! These look so good, makes me wish I was not on a serious health kick at the moment 🙂

• memoirmode
      14 May, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Glad you like the look of them. I was meant to have started a diet over a week ago. Its not going well obviously x

7. 16 May, 2012 at 4:32 am

I won’t lie, they look amazing!