Orla Kiely AW13 – The Typing Pool AT LFW

On Day 2 of LFW I made my way out of the Fashion Week arena of Somerset House; to the Elms Lester Gallery near Tottenham Court Road.   As someone who is very snap happy at events and presentations, judging from Orla Kiely’s previous presentations, I was excited to see what was in store for us.

As much as I love watching clothes going up and down the catwalk.  A themed presentation is what I really like to watch.  I don’t think it detracts from the clothing either, but more adds to it as you can get a picture of the inspiration behind it.

Orla Kiely london fashion week aw13

Orla Kiely aw13 sweater topOrla Kiely (12) Orla Kiely autumn winter 2012 Orla Kiely aw13 lfw presentationOrla Kiely typing lfwOrla Kiely aw13 midi skirt Orla Kiely aw13 red coat Orla Kiely aw13-14 Orla Kiely lfw aw13 Orla Kiely london fashion week aw13 Orla Kiely typing office theme lfw Orla Kiely typing pool

As I crawled up the steepest, windiest stairs I have ever attempted,  I heard in the sounds of a busy office with tapping of typewriters.  I saw the ‘Typing Pool, Quiet please’ sign as I reached the top of the stairs and as I turned to my right I saw the most stylish office workers I have ever laid eyes on.  I felt like I had stepped back from one era to another.

Isn’t it just adorable? So as you can see the collection is very ‘Mad Men’ with an early 60’s vibe.  Although their was references to the 70s with high rolled necked jumpers.  Also I thought some of the pieces felt very late 50s too. I have been searching and searching for a short sleeve sweater like the one in the top photo ever since I saw Jenny wearing one in ‘Call the Midwife’. Now my search is over.  Only thing is I have to wait until next Autumn/winter.  All the best bits from 3 decades rolled into one!

Shop Orla Kiely AW13

15 comments for “Orla Kiely AW13 – The Typing Pool AT LFW

1. 18 February, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Love this presentation. It totally makes the collection so more finished, when presented on a perfect location with just the right attitude and vibe.

• memoirmode
      24 February, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Absolutely I feel it was more of a complete experience 🙂 x

2. Sam
    18 February, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Absolutely love this! Will be keeping an eye out for the dress in the 4th picture, or is it a shirt and skirt? Those glasses in the last picture are fab too! x

• memoirmode
      24 February, 2013 at 2:34 pm

The red one? I think it is a dress. I know I might just have to get some non prescription cats eye glasses 🙂 x

3. 18 February, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Love a bit of 60’s inspiration. Especially dresses!

Be great if you could check out my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

And also my latest outfit post here

Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com

4. 18 February, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Oh wow, I LOVE these photos! Such beautiful classic style!

5. 19 February, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I love all of the outfits and the presentation (I have an uncontrolable urge to buy all of the pink jumpers and vintage phones I can find), love the fact that they were actually typing!

Kisses

• memoirmode
      24 February, 2013 at 2:47 pm

apparently what they were actually typing was uploaded to instagram 🙂 was very funny. I love vintage phones, I might steal one of my nans 🙂 x

6. 19 February, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Oh, I die! This collection is too good, too good, and you are so lucky to have been there for the presentation. By the way, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. That way I was able to find your awesome blog here. I’m in love.

• memoirmode
      20 February, 2013 at 1:00 am

Isn’t it just! You actually came to me which is how I found yours & commented 😉 anyhow, glad we made each others acquaintance haha xx

7. 20 February, 2013 at 2:58 pm

What an interesting way to present a line! I bet you loved every piece – these are very Memoir Mode! Such gorgeous models, too — they look very era-appropriate! 🙂

8. 21 February, 2013 at 1:59 pm

What a great idea, the typing pool is fantastic!! All of the pictures are brilliant, however the first picture in the set is beautiful, great light!

9. 23 February, 2013 at 11:30 am

Absolutely love Orla Kiely and her style. These pieces are gorgeous. I love when LFW becomes more accessible with clothes that can go straight into people’s wardrobes!!

10. 26 February, 2013 at 12:51 am

One of my favourite collections this season! I am a sucker for anything 60s so this was right up my street. I am sooo jealous you got to attend and your pictures are amazing as always. Here’s my view of Orla Kiely’s presentation and LFW AW 13 in general: http://custardcreamsandlondondreams.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/london-fashion-week-aw-13/