If there would be one thing that is ‘my thing’ it would be hair! I have always been obsessed with doing things to my own barnet. Its surprising that I didn’t end up working as a hair stylist or something along those lines.
Usually I would curl and backcomb my hair for that messy beach look, but sometimes I just want to tame it down for a straight smooth and polished look. This is where ghd come in….
ghd have always been my number one for straighteners; I remember my first pair around 10 years ago. I am now on my 3rd set of stylers (the previous 2 meeting their demise in unfortunate accidents).
What I hadn’t used before is the hair products from the illustrious brand. So when ghd got in touch to see if I wanted to receive their style and protect gift set, I was happy to trial (of course).
I have used the products for about a month now and I am happy to state they are now part of my hair routine for the polished look and for the smooth wavy style. My hair if left to its own accord is frizzy and wavy (not in a good way) so I am hard to budge from tried and tested product. Which is probably the reason why I don’t have a beauty blog.
So the following isn’t a tutorial as such as the world and his wife know how to straighten their hair. This is more about what products I use to get the desired affect, including ghd and other favourites.
1. So glossy hair for me starts from washing. I use herbal essences dazzling shine shampoo and conditioner. I get very upset if I ask the beau to buy me some shampoo and conditioner and he brings me any other brand.
2. When my hair is washed and conditioned I comb through (with a wide tooth comb) Percy & Reed foaming treatment mask. That is left on for 5 minutes while I wallow in my waterhole. This product is for volumising fine flat hair. My hair is thick but I love the extra moisturising feeling after use.
3. When my hair is towel dried I spray on ghd Style Straight & Smooth Spray to protect my hair from the heat it is going to endure from drying and straightening.
4. After I dry my hair thoroughly with a hairdryer (do not straighten hair when damp) I get to work with my ghd IV STYLER. I use the paddle brush & sectioning clips that came with the gift set to straighten every inch of hair on my head. Do not stay on any part of your hair for too long. Just stroke through at a slow pace.
5. To finish off and for the extra shine I spray over the ghd Style Final Shine Spray.