Iridescent and Leather

bracher emden clutch bag

So my first outfit post in a month. I don’t really want a fully personal style blog, I would rather show a outfit here and there or when I really love something I am wearing..not forced. I was starting to feel a bit weird posting photos of myself on the internet as my main content. I have no idea how people do it everyday. I hardly have the energy to brush my hair most of the time. When I had to go out everyday to the usual 9-6, I ended up living in jeans and a leather jacket. Salute to you everyday stylish gals.

Talking about hair I tried the slick back style for these photos with Moroccanoil styling cream – i.e.. greasy hair or just got out of the swimming pool look. I thought it would suit all the leather and biker-esque pieces.

leather trend aw13Iridescent Leather Front Sweater milly nybiker buckle boots

Leather Front jumper – Milly NY
White Shirt – Baukjen
Faux Leather trousers – Topshop
Envelope Clutch Bag – Bracher Emden
Buckle Boots – old Savannah for Nelly

I may have put too much fake tan on, I look like a big orange head. Especially with flash.

On the weekend I headed over to check out my Nan and Grandads new place and go out for dinner. They have moved from their old Victorian house to a swanky new apartment building. The last time I visited their old house, I did an outfit post in the garden. I was kind of sad they don’t live there anymore, I have known them there my whole life – they just couldn’t handle the garden and the two lots of stairs.

How fit is this jumper? I pulled it from Milly NY and is so completely different to what I would usually wear. I do like a little experiment from time to time. Solange also wore it in her video Lovers in the Parking Lot. One hell of a statement jumper.

16 comments for “Iridescent and Leather

1. 1 October, 2013 at 10:42 am

I love this outfit! It’s a great jumper.
    Adela x

Misspinkstyle.net

• memoirmode
      14 October, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Thanks Adela 🙂 x

2. 1 October, 2013 at 11:01 am

Ha “hardly any energy to brush my hair” made me laugh. As long as we get a bit of style posts once in a while – when you have the energy then we don’t mind. The faux leather trousers with those boots are killer Kylie. Someone call the police cos you just killed this look.

xoxo
    Ivy

• memoirmode
      14 October, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I don’t! I shove it up in a top not most of the time… would never photograph myself like it 😉 haha. Thanks so much love this comment xx

3. 1 October, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Fabulous outfit Kylie <3 Love the boots…the jumper looks amazing!!!

• memoirmode
      14 October, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Thanks Rakhshana 🙂 xx

4. 1 October, 2013 at 6:00 pm

You hair looks wonderful!I’ve never tried that sleek look as the endings of my hair always tend to curly a little bit..
    Your grandparents old house seemed like a magical place, too bad they had to move but I believe they had their reasons.
    And I think its a good decisions to have a personal blog instead of a merely fashion blog. Getting dressed everyday is really uncomfortable!
    xx

• memoirmode
      14 October, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I was starting to feel stressed that I would have to dress up everyday like other personal style blogs and I just can’t be arsed.. feel better now I have let that thought go xx

5. 1 October, 2013 at 11:57 pm

I actually really like your hair like this & that jumper is soo so gorgeous, loving this whole look! And you don’t look orange, promise! 🙂 I know exactly what you mean about outfit posts, the most I ever do is 2 a week, I have no idea how other girls manage to do one every single day! It’s so time consuming! Plus, since I’ve been working from home I don’t actually get dressed every day… Hah!

• memoirmode
      14 October, 2013 at 1:34 pm

It literally takes hours to put one outfit post together…I am a bit of a perfectionist too (I will never reach my brains level of perfection) I think the way it works for some is they just take a couple of photos and put them straight up. I have to get dresses, take hundreds of photos, go through them all, edit etc etc haha xx

6. 2 October, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Amazing outfit!! So in love with the statement jumper and the biker look really works for you! Loving to clutch too – I love clutch bags that have different ways of holding them.

• memoirmode
      14 October, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Ah thanks so much Ashumi xx

7. 5 October, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Love this outfit! So slick. The boots and clutch are insane! And the jumper – would love it all! xx

• memoirmode
      14 October, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Thanks sweets xx

8. 12 October, 2013 at 10:56 am

Wowza, your hair looks sooo good straight. I want some faux leathers and those boots. Totally stylin’! <3

• memoirmode
      14 October, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Oooh you 🙂 I feel so weird with straight hair haha xx