Mother Daughter Style | Sorel Boots

memoir mode

We moved to the sticks about 3 years ago in north Surrey. If we want to enjoy the countryside around us,  it pays to have suitable footwear! Today we went for a Sunday walk around the Horsley Park estate. I thought it was time for another mother/daughter style post and to put our Sorel boots to good use.

mother and daughter bloggerkids fashion blogmother daughter style winter clothessorel womens bootswaterproof kids bootshorsehorsessorel kids bootsgirls marks and spencers coat

I was really hoping we would have some snow so I could photograph these boots Sorel kindly sent to us. They would completely be in their element! Eva is wearing the Yoot Pac style and apparently they can keep little feet toasty to  -40° fahrenheit. It was -1 celsius around 4pm today, Eva was splashing in puddles and her feet were warm and dry when we got home. Eva’s pre-school is a forest school. They go out in all weather to learn about nature and survival techniques, so these boots couldn’t be more perfect for her. Just bring us some snow now dammit! It will probably come along when I am in South Africa at the end of the month with my luck.

I am wearing the Scotia Lace Boot. I could probably walk around in these non-stop all day and they would still be just as comfortable as when I first put them on. Perfect for long county walks. They are also insulated and waterproof. I can imagine the more the suede and full grain leather get battered…the better they will look.

I am also wearing a re-worked vintage skirt and laundry bag print shirt from Motel Rocks and last years cocoon coat from Wallis. Eva is wearing a floral quilted coat from M&S. It doesn’t seem to be online, but I bought it in store not that long ago.

17 comments for “Mother Daughter Style | Sorel Boots

1. 9 February, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Your photos and family are beautiful.
    p.s. I love the little re-vamp of the blog. ♥

2. 9 February, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Such a beautifully shot post, Kylie! Eva looks adorable in the photo where she’s splashing in the puddle. And I adore your coat and top too!

• memoirmode
      12 February, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Ha I wondered if anyone would notice that xx

3. 10 February, 2014 at 10:29 am
    • memoirmode
      12 February, 2014 at 8:58 pm

4. 11 February, 2014 at 4:50 pm

awwwww what a lovely post x

• memoirmode
      12 February, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Aw thanks lovely lady xx

5. 11 February, 2014 at 4:55 pm

I looove your boots! I hadn’t even heard of Sorel until recently when I saw their boots styled in a really cool way and now you’ve also styled them perfectly! I must admit I do like a good practical walking boot but these are super cool which is a big bonus. Eva looks adorable in hers and I’m glad they’ll keep her little feet toasty in the snow. I’m such a big fan of your mother/daughter style posts you know, you’re such a beautiful duo! I was even swooning over Eva’s hair in these snaps haha…

• memoirmode
      12 February, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Thanks Tara 🙂 I am glad, hopefully I will do them more regularly as they are my post popular ones overall. Yes comfy and stylish rarely come hand in hand xx

6. 11 February, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Ahh, these photos are so beautiful! Even though there wasn’t any snow, I think that gorgeous afternoon sun more than makes up for it, so pretty. I just love that photo of Eva jumping in the puddle & her hair is so long now! I’m never usually a fan of walking boots (converse or wellies for me!) but these are actually really nice. Also, Eva’s school sounds amazing – I wish we’d done stuff like that at my school, I would have been in my element!

• memoirmode
      12 February, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Same here usually! I have mountains of wellies and live in my plimsolls at the moment. These are pretty cool if you want to wade through the lake that is Surrey at the moment and go somewhere… not everywhere feels right wearing welly boots 🙂 xx

7. 12 February, 2014 at 1:16 pm

What fabulous boots and I adore them with your leather skirt! They are just what you and your beautiful little girls needs in this rainy, cold weather. Fab photography too, we need more sunny days…come on Spring!

• memoirmode
      12 February, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Ah thanks so much! Yes she absolutely adores them. She has big feet for her age so they look enormous on her 🙂 x

8. 12 February, 2014 at 5:49 pm

ooh they’re cute boots! do you think they really would be suitable for proper snow? i’m off to norway & sweden in march & need something snug but practical!

becky,

accooohtrements.wordpress.com

• memoirmode
      12 February, 2014 at 9:06 pm

hey chick! Nah I wouldn’t say for snow all day, maybe our dusting.. you would probably want to go for the grown-up versions of what Eva is wearing xx