Photography from Greece

I fear I may have over milked it with the holiday photos! Last ones…promise. I think when it comes to photography; people are definitely my forte. I have all these great ideas of landscape photos I am going to do and they never come out the way I want them. I am so used to photographing scenery as a backdrop…I have to try and retrain my brain to make it the point of the image. Whenever I look at a beautiful scene…I always wonder how many other people have already taken the exact same photo. I definitely need a wide angle lens.
IMG_8017IMG_7946IMG_7870IMG_7910Untitled-8 IMG_8155IMG_7287IMG_7965IMG_7987IMG_8146

18 comments for “Photography from Greece

1. 30 June, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Lovely photos, especially the last one!
    I absolutely understand what you’re dealing with for landscape/scenery photography. I would use my portrait lense for everything, and was usually happy with the end result, with very little editing needed for what I wanted to achieve, until I went on holidays and wanted to capture the scenery and failed miserably at photographing what I could see. Everything would look uninteresting and I’d have to sit with them for hours wondering how to make them ‘pop’.
    I was then recommended a wide-angle attachment for my standard 18-55mm lense, just to explore with the extra bit of space I would get for my subjects, before buying a separate lense altogether.
    Try one with a mini fish eye effect if you haven’t already, it gave me a new way at seeing shapes and lines around beautiful landscapes and sceneries! =)

Shilpa x

• memoirmode
      15 July, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Ah thanks so much for your helpful tips! I did have an attachment and it got stuck on the end of the lense haha. I think a wide angle is my next lens investment xx

2. 30 June, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Amazing photos!! You’re too critical to yourself. Your photography is really great. Love the use of the gif. I need a holiday ASAP πŸ™‚
    Adela x

Misspinkstyle.net

• memoirmode
      15 July, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Thanks so much lovely x

3. 1 July, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Greece is so beautiful!!! Your photographs make it look all the more amazing Kylie <3 <3 Great job!!!!

• memoirmode
      15 July, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Isn’t it just! thanks lovely x

4. 1 July, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Wow!! Stunning shots, they make me want to jump on a plane and explore somewhere new! I always struggle with night shots, do you take a tripod on holiday?

• memoirmode
      15 July, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Yes I did, but I didn’t use it…too heavy to carry around. For the night one, I just plonked it on the wall xx

5. 1 July, 2014 at 8:29 pm

there’s nothing wrong with your landscape snaps to me! pin, pin pin! πŸ™‚

becky x

accooohtrements.wordpress.com

• memoirmode
      15 July, 2014 at 5:41 pm

YAY thank you πŸ˜‰ xx

6. Marlen
    2 July, 2014 at 6:45 pm

ugh that last photo gave my heart a bit of a lurch. i can just IMAGINE myself standing there, with white sandals and a white baggy tunic, ready to go wandering. greece is just so beautiful. i don’t mind you posting more photos πŸ˜€

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

• memoirmode
      15 July, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Oh wow thanks so much xx

7. 4 July, 2014 at 9:10 am

your pictures are always stunning, Kylie!
    The gif are so nice, it’s like being there! Greece is such a nice place to go on holiday, I went to 3 different isles, they are all perfect!
    ciao!
    Chiara
    >http://www.chiaweb.it<

Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Instagram

• memoirmode
      15 July, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Some are a bit tacky…when the brits have been let loose on them in their droves πŸ˜‰ xx

8. 5 July, 2014 at 10:42 am

This photography is amazing, honestly. Greece looks stunning through these photos and has definitely been added to my places to go to list!

• memoirmode
      15 July, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Thanks so much Shannon xx

9. 15 July, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I love the gif, can i ask a silly question…why is it that the tablecloth moves but the people in the background don’t?

beautiful pictures, i always struggled with landscapes but i think you’ve captured the beauty of greece perfectly!

• memoirmode
      15 July, 2014 at 5:43 pm

haha…it’s my attempt of a cinemagraph. One bit moves the rest stays still πŸ˜‰

Thanks so much xx